CHALLENGE #1: BODY PARTS:
In our ‘HELLO DOLLIES” doll
club in Sun City Summerlin,
Las Vegas, Nevada, we had
a challenge and had to use
different items we found
around the home to make a
doll body. I used a can, a
water bottle and a spool of
thread for the body. I glued
these parts together.
CHALLENGE # 1 – COMPLETED DOLL:
I dressed this can, water bottle and spool with a dress and needle felted her head, scarf and cuffs.
"GEDALYA THE MAGICIAN"
For this May Mystery Challenge, we had to use 1 small
rubber chicken and 1 tin can. The following items had
to be visible: 3 buttons: 1 red, 1 character and 1 – one
inch or larger. We had to use 1 zipper, any size, any
color; 3 or more feathers and 1 clothes pin, any
shape. The challenge was sponsored by the Las
Vegas Silver Doll-ers doll club.
Since I love to needle felt, I made a magician. His
bow tie is a clothes pin, his jacket has a zipper down
the front. He is holding a yo yo of large buttons. His
pockets have a red button and a fancy button on it.
The chicken sits in a magician’s hat which is filled
I named him Gedalya after my oldest grandson.
He received two awards: 1st for THE BEST USES
2nd for CUTEST
"GEDALYA THE MAGICIAN" was also published
on page 60 in the March 2009 issue of
DOLL CRAFTER AND COSTUMING"
I belong to the "Southern Nevada Handweavers &
Spinners Guild, Inc." AKA "Fiber Arts Guild".
We were each to bring in a brown paper bag with
enough stuff to create a "masterpiece" related to
weaving. My bag contained 3 different colors of
yarn. I decided to weave Adela's body on my large
peg loom, needle felt her head, and sew and stuff
her arms and legs. This doll is a combination of my
"California Rag Doll" and my "Woven Tapestry and
Needle Felted Doll"- except this doll is longer in size.
My Sun City Doll
Club had a Thrift
Doll challenge. We
went to a Salvation
Army store and had
to buy different
items to make up a
doll. I bought a
plastic wine goblet, a candle holder, an old fashion orange squeezer, a skein of brown yarn, and a turquoise cotton shirt that I cut up. I painted the face with acrylic paint.
The items glued together but not dressed yet